Re: multiplexing online redo logs

From: Uwe <uwe.embshoff_at_lit.lineas.de>
Date: 5 Dec 2002 03:23:42 -0800

So, Oracle starts using the additional redo group members when it switches the r redo redo log group. So

alter system switch logfile;

was a very good tip. In my DB, it might take some days till one redo log file is full. After these days, Oracle would have switched automatically to the next redo log group. And I would have had to live some additional days without multiplexed redo log files. So it's better this way.

Alistar und Pete, thank you very much!!! Received on Thu Dec 05 2002 - 05:23:42 CST