Oracle 8.1.7 Running Slow on Solaris 8

From: Philip <member_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 10:15:57 +0000

I have recently moved an Oracle 8.1.7 database (40GB) from a Dell quad processor machine with 4GB RAM running RAID 5 onto a SunfireV880 with an external A1000 running RAID 5. The V880 has 2 ULTRASPARC III 750 MHZ processors and 4GB RAM.

The performance on of the database on the V880 has slowed considerably with a delete taking 3+ days to execute. The settings of the init<>.ora file are identical yet the performance is so much slower. I have looked at the stats and the processor seems ok but not sure what to look for on the disk.

Anyone any idea why this should be?

Thanks

Phil Warburton.