Re: debunking partitioning

From: Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 01:43:23 -0500

Ok .. just one example ... tell me how would you do a similar of hash partitioning .. using partitioned views. Or don't you think a global/local index is easier to maintain than separate indexes on hundreds of other tables. .. or just that seeing one table in your data dictionary makes more sense than seeing hundreds of them.

You think creating and maintaining a trigger is worth the headache?

Anurag