Cannot change to ARCHIVELOG mode

From: TK <tk_tang_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 4 Dec 2002 22:17:12 -0800

For the ARCserve Oracle backup agent, it needs to operate in ARCHIVELOG mode but I can't success to change it to ARCHIVELOG mode.

I execute the following statement in a shut down oracle server. CONNECT INTERNAL
STARTUP MOUNT EXCLUSIVE
ALTER DATABASE ARCHIVELOG
ALTER DATABASE OPEN
ARCHIVE LOG START The ARCHIVE LOG LIST shows the database log mode is still in NOARCHIVELOG. I can't find any error from ALRT.log.

Do you have any ideas?

My oracle is 8i and ARCserve is 2000.

Regards,
TK
Email: tk_tang_at_hotmail.com Received on Thu Dec 05 2002 - 00:17:12 CST