Newbie: Help I've lost my current logfile

From: Snap Dragon <snapdragon_at_london.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 14:42:30 +0000 (UTC)

Oracle enterprise v 7.2.3.0.0
Sun solaris 2.6

One of the disks on the server had to be replaced - unfortunately there is no back up of the disk.

I had lost controlfile, datafiles and log files. I have recovered the controlfile, recreated the datafiles (the data is not so important as it gets copied from another database weekly). Is there anyway I can recreate the logfile and get the database to open?

There were three logfile groups each containing one logfile - all on this disk - I have dropped and recreated the other two but I don't know what to do about the current one.

All suggestions gratefully received.
Snap