Re: 9.0.1 Install errors - Help?

From: Mark Brandyberry <mdbrandy_at_uiuc.edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 08:32:55 -0600

I had been installing it under an account I had made that I had added to the local administrator group. Just for grins, this morning I logged in under the "administrator" account, and tried making a DB again, using the DB Config Assistant. No joy - same error. At the time of the error, there is 2.6 GB left on the drive, so it doesn't seem to be a space problem (the entire installed DB is under 1 GB when it's done). The installer seems to be making the directories of interest with "full control" privileges for "everyone", so it doesn't look like a permissions problem with the folder that has the .DBF file in question. Hmm. This is frustrating. Maybe I should reinstall the entire thing under the administrator account. Don't see why that'd work, though, since the account I used to install it is a member of the administrator group.

Thanks for any ideas.

Mark