Pro*C Compilation Issue - please help

From: Bhooshan S. Prabhu <bhooshanprabhu_at_indiatimes.com>
Date: 2 Dec 2002 23:24:23 -0800

Hello,

Our environment details are as follows
OS - HP-UX 11.0
Pro*C - Pro*C/C++: Release 8.1.7.0.0

We are trying to migrate our environment from HP-UX 10.2 and Pro*C/C++: Release 2.2.4.0.0 to HP-UX 11.0 and Pro*C/C++: Release 8.1.7.0.0.

We use macros (#define) in .h files and include the .h files in .pc code. The macro is defined as
# define M1 \
.....\
.....\
.....\

On the ux 10.2 and pro*c 2.2.4.x environment, the compilation is a 2 step process. We first execute cpp on a.pc to generate an intermediate temp.pc. This step expands the macros. We then run pro*C on temp.pc with ireclen parameter set to an appropriate value (because in some cases our macros expand to more than 2000 characters in a Single line). We use -C -P options while doing cpp.

We are trying to follow the same process on ux-11 and pro*c 8.1.7.0.x environment. The cpp execution works fine and temp.pc gets generated. But, pro*c execution on temp.pc dumps core. We have opened a TAR with Oracle Corp. for this issue and support is asking us to include "\" in the source line that has length of about 3000 characters. The parameter ireclen does not seem to be of any use in pro*c 8.1.7.0.x

How can we change the macro in such a way that the character "\" gets incorporated afetr cpp expands the macro? Is there any workaround to this issue? Is there any parameter in cpp that can be set to have a "\" in a line continuation? Please help.

thanks and regards
bhooshan Received on Tue Dec 03 2002 - 01:24:23 CST