glogin, on windows, affecting all sqlplus sessions.

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 2 Dec 2002 17:41:16 -0600

I thought this was a simple thing/idea (probably still is). I've always just worked with my own login.sql, and now I need to set up specific settings for our environment.

On the W2K Server machine hosting the 9.2.0.1.0 Oracle server, I've modified the file, c:/oracle/ora9i/sqlplus/admin/glogin.sql.

I login from this machine as a normal user and I get these settings. I login from my W2KPro workstation and I don't get the settings from this file. I then copy this exact glogin.sql to my workstation's oracle directory,
c:/oracle/sqlplus/admin/glogin.sql. Attempting to login now, I get all of those settings? This means the user is able and responsible for the global settings in a windows environment?

How do I make the settings from the server's glogin.sql the default for all sqlplus connections? I guess I could store a read-only copy on a shared drive?

--
Galen Boyer