Re: glogin, on windows, affecting all sqlplus sessions.

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 00:51:59 GMT

Galen Boyer wrote:
> I thought this was a simple thing/idea (probably still is). I've
> always just worked with my own login.sql, and now I need to set
> up specific settings for our environment.
>
> On the W2K Server machine hosting the 9.2.0.1.0 Oracle server,
> I've modified the file, c:/oracle/ora9i/sqlplus/admin/glogin.sql.
>
> I login from this machine as a normal user and I get these
> settings. I login from my W2KPro workstation and I don't get the
> settings from this file. I then copy this exact glogin.sql to my
> workstation's oracle directory,
> c:/oracle/sqlplus/admin/glogin.sql. Attempting to login now, I
> get all of those settings? This means the user is able and
> responsible for the global settings in a windows environment?
>
> How do I make the settings from the server's glogin.sql the
> default for all sqlplus connections? I guess I could store a
> read-only copy on a shared drive?

In a multi-user system (eg, Unix), you have to put the glogin.sql in a directory that is read-accessible to all users who log in. In a single-user system (eg, Windows), you also have to put it in a directory that is read-accessible to all users - most likely, on a shared network drive. In either case, you have to set the SQLPATH environment variable. Received on Mon Dec 02 2002 - 18:51:59 CST