ora:01017 invalid username/password

From: michael cooke <michael.cooke_at_tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 22:54:00 -0000

Oracle 8.1.7 sp3 windows 2000 server sp2 I am migrating from oracle 7.3.3 to 8.1.7. I have created the db, carried out a full exported from Oracle 7 and run import to Oracle 8.1.7. no dramas so far. comiled so triggers and enabled various constraints. I then tried to connect via our forms 4.5 frontend and received the 0ra:01017 error which then gave me the option to connect direct as a user with and oracle password this worked ok.
My problem is that my users connect using OS authentication which seems not to be working even though I have set the various parameters in the init file.
I am going to retry on another test machine using NT 4.0 as the OS to see if the same problem occurs but would appreciate any suggestions from anyone wo has had the same or similar problems

regds
Mick Received on Mon Dec 02 2002 - 16:54:00 CST