Re: Desperate with this little problem. Can anybody help me, please?

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2002 16:14:55 +0100

On 1 Dec 2002 07:06:39 -0800, UNBUENAMIGO1_at_HOTMAIL.COM (JESS1972) wrote:

>I have a little problem with oracle 9i. I downloaded the three large
>files from the oracle web site. I have set it up on my windows 2000
>server (the only computer I have at home). I just used one the files
>for the setup. I have also set up a
>repository database. Everything was all right during the
>installtions. No errors were displayed.
>
>The windows events said that the following
>Oracle-related services had failed to start:
>
>Oracle Enterprise Management
>
>So I went to the Windows 2000 services window and started it. Windows
>told me that Enterprise Management Service has failed to start because
>it timed
>out. I have tried to start it several times and nothing.
>
>My computer has many other programs and works very well exept with
>oracle. Can anybody tell me what I could do?. This problem should not
>be so complicated

You could fire up the event viewer and search for any pertinent error messages (they should be there) and post them here. Now the only clue we have is that is doesn't work.
Likely you performed the point and shoot installation procedure and forgot to use the Enterprise Manager Configuration Assistant to create a OEM repository.
Finally: if you only have a single computer OEM is not of much use.

And at last: You won't be able to do much with Oracle without reading manuals followed by using the newsgroup as a first resort.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sun Dec 01 2002 - 09:14:55 CST