Re: Oracle Licences answer written in english

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 11:26:37 -0000

"Monica Wright" <Donsolaris_at_btopenworld.com> wrote in message news:arufq4$7o$1_at_venus.btinternet.com...
> Daniel if you could that would be great i need these costs for a business
> plan, if you get them to drop me a line at this addi steve_at_donsolaris.com
> would be most grateful.
>
> Steve

The standard costs can be obtained from store.oracle.com. These should be good enough for a business case as they represent the maximum you should be asked to pay.

It isn't quite true that hardware is irrelevant for the choice between EE and SE because you cannot license SE on a machine which is 'capable' of having more than 4 processors. (I personally think that this is daft but there you go). I believe there is a restriction on the amount of RAM you can put in the system as well.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA