Re: GUI tools issue on RedHat 7.1

From: Marcel Stoer <marcel>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 12:17:00 +0100

"Jeffrey Hunter" <JeffreyH_at_comanage.net> wrote in message news:<157A4D97A88D7143B80E43C1B000B6E8327D6A_at_comail1.comanage.net>...
> It may be a long shot, but have you tried setting the following
environment
> variable in your shell before starting any of the GUI tools.
>
> LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5
> export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL

It had already been set.

Btw, I was a bit unprecise in my explanations: After the first launch the app does return to the console but starting any other Oracle app afterwards will fail.

Could it be related to my Java envrionment? Upon recommendation I installed Blackdown 1.3.x instead of the original Sun Java as the default environment ($JAVA_HOME). Regards,
Marcel Received on Tue Nov 26 2002 - 05:17:00 CST