Re: CREATE VIEW: Table or view does not exist (ORA-00942)

From: Guido Konsolke <Guido.Konsolke_at_Triaton.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 12:09:05 +0100

Bernd wrote ...
>Hi,
>
>does anybody know why it is not sufficient for creating a view to have
>granted select rights by a ROLE on a table which is used in the view?
>This is under
>the assumption that the table belongs to another user and the view is
>to be
>created in your own schema.
>
>Example:
>
>CREATE VIEW TEST ( A ) AS SELECT B FROM C WHERE...
>results in the error ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
>if the select right on C is granted by a role and C belongs to another
>user.
>
>Is this a bug or a feature?
>
>Thanks,
>Bernd

Hi Bernd,
maybe my (only *this*) thought is totally wrong, couldn't verify it. If you're lucky you only have to add the schema name to the table C. This will read "Select B from schema.C Where...". If that really is your prob, you can also solve it by creating a synonym for table C.

Sorry if my suggestions are obvious silly... Guido Received on Tue Nov 26 2002 - 05:09:05 CST