Re: Sun vs. Intel

From: TurkBear <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 12:52:14 -0600

Sybrand is usually right, if a little doctrinaire, but both the OP and he seem to be stuck in NT world.. The W2K Advanced Server is much more stable and crash-resistant than any previous Windows offering ( the vote is still out on XP Pro and its server options) - It may not be as scalable as a good UNIX box, but, with Multi-processor support and connected to a well managed SAN, it should be able to handle your tasks...