Re: statspack setup question

From: Anton Buijs <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 18:55:21 +0100

Ed Stevens <spamdump_at_nospam.noway.nohow> schreef in berichtnieuws 3ddcded4.48173239_at_ausnews.austin.ibm.com...
| Comments embedded
|
| On Wed, 20 Nov 2002 21:29:04 +0100, "Anton Buijs" <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
wrote:

| >Comment embedded
| >
| >Ed Stevens <spamdump_at_nospam.noway.nohow> schreef in berichtnieuws
| >3ddbd416.67114375_at_ausnews.austin.ibm.com...
| >| Well, I finally made the 'leap' (uh, slight hop?) from utlestat to
| >statspack.
| >| Installed on one test database and liked what I saw. Now I need to
| >install it
| >| on at least one (and ultimately, all) of my prod databases. A couple
of
| >| questions about 'best practice'
| >|
| >| First, any recommendations on best extent size to define for the TS
that
| >will
| >| hold the perfstat schema?
| >
| >Doesn't that depend on the interval of the snapshots and how long you
want
| >to keep history? Or turn it around: how much space do you want to give
it,
| >so that determines how much history you can keep.
| >
| I would think that optimal *extent* size would be tied to row length of
the
| tables. Number of snapshots/amount of history would be limited by
maxextents
| and total tablespace size.

Sorry, I had read it as if you asked for the tablespace size. Would a locally managed
tablespace with autoallocate option not be the best choice? Received on Thu Nov 21 2002 - 11:55:21 CST