Re: Bye Oracle.

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 17:52:22 GMT

NorwoodThree wrote:

> That is a very good point...thats definately going to be one I bring
> up..
>
> Technically, are there any specific database maint. headaches with
> going to SQL Server such as maintaining partitioned tables and
> indexes? Any "gotchas"?

Living here in the Seattle-Redmond area I have more than a few friends that work at Microsoft and I'll add a little something into the puzzle your company might want to consider based on the way Microsoft works in the local economy.

Initially they price attractively. Then after they have sufficient market power they strangle.

We have watched quite a few local companies go out of business that way.

Just because SQL Server is less expensive today, while they are battleing Oracle, doesn't mean the price won't go through the roof tomorrow. No one ever accused Bill Gates of being unaware of how capitalism works.

Daniel Morgan Received on Thu Nov 21 2002 - 11:52:22 CST