Re: Access is Denied Error

From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: 18 Nov 2002 10:02:13 -0800

Not entirely true, as the values for those DLL's are found in the registry under hkey_local_machine->software->microsoft->MSDTC->MTxOCI.  The installer is known to place incorrect values in the registry. The proper values are:

Name                Data

OracleOciLib        Oci.dll
OracleSqlLib        Orasql9.dll
OracleXaLib         Oraclient9.dll

Using regedit change these values to those I've just provided, then try your Microsoft ODBC connection again. I believe, after the edits are completed, your Microsoft connection will function.

David Fitzjarrell