get a single quote in PL/SQL stmt.

From: Alan <desertflowerln_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 15 Nov 2002 14:22:23 -0800

I am trying to put a ' (single quote) in my PL/SQL statement, but couldn't figure out the exact syntax. Here is an example:

DBMS_OUTPUT.put_line ('ALTER DATABASE BACKUP CONTROLFILE TO ' ??? || backup_location || ???);

in above stmt, backup_location is predefined, e.g. d:\oracle\oradata\bu_ctrl.ctl. But I need a single quote around this value. What should I put in in the ??? area? Any suggestios?

Thanks
Alan Received on Fri Nov 15 2002 - 16:22:23 CST