Oracle database running on SUN server

From: <fzhou99_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 15 Nov 2002 14:27:27 -0800

My company is looking to upgrade Oracle server to use a midrange Sun server with possibly external storage array.

Anybody has experience with the following setup:

SUNFIRE V880 or SUNFIRE 3800/Storedge A5200

Disk Suite to setup RAID 0+1

Solaris 8 and Oracle 8.1.6

Any comments on the performance and potential pitfalls/tips? My concern is with SUN A1000 storage array/RAID 5 I got dissapointing I/O performance.

Thanks....

Feng Zhou
www.insure.com Received on Fri Nov 15 2002 - 16:27:27 CST