Re: I want to be oracle master.

From: LB <lbunet_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 13 Nov 2002 14:15:37 -0800

faked_at_spam.me.not.com (Jeremy Russell) wrote in message news:<3dc93e92.376513147_at_usenet.plus.net>...
> On 6 Nov 2002 07:32:10 -0800, it_wolf2003_at_yahoo.com (ITWOLF) wrote:

> I'm not sure that these Oracle jobs really exist - I'm also tired of
> agencies requiring 6 years experience in products that have only been
> around for 3,

Yes, "Required skills: 5+ years of verifiable .NET and Oracle 9i development experience."

And this end is where the petrol goes.

> agencies wanting a mix of products that NO-ONE would know

If I'm not mistaken, that's their offshore anti-liability clause.

> Is there a website anywhere that includes an "agency speak" page,
> since I really don't think I understand 'em at all.
>
> If there isn't such a site, I'll accept contributions from job-seekers
> and start one. It'll keep me amused for a time at least!
>
> Agency speak #1
> ---------------
>
> "We need to pass your CV through our vetting process, via our admin
> manager, before we are allowed to pass on more than one CV to our
> client.".
>
> Translation
>
> The guy who can actually spell Oracel (sic) is out to lunch - till
> Monday and I've no clue what you're talking about.

I'll contribute,

Agency speak #1.5

"Your resume will be reviewed for any and all possible matches with our clients...

Again, thank you for your interest. We will review your resume and get back in touch if there appears to be a match with one of our clients."

Translation

"Hey Frank, looks like we reached the 2,000,000 mark for resumes for that one two-month DBA gig at XYZ Corp. Wow, I guess the market is slow!"

LB Received on Wed Nov 13 2002 - 16:15:37 CST