Re: One sequence or not?

From: M Hashim <m.a.n.hashim_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 15:59:18 -0800

It's good on the maintenance side, for not having to maintain numerous sequences. In an object oriented environment, it's usually a single identifier, OID. It's simple and effiecient from a coding perspective.

The negative, should you require continuous record identifier, having a single sequence will NOT give you continuous numbering. It will create gaps. In some financial institutions, having gaps may be a problem Think about it, from an auditing perspective.