Command line utility to delete database on Solaris.

From: PeterS <member_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 18:14:32 +0000

Greetings!

Does anybody know about some kind of command line utility to delete a database on Solaris?

On Win2K we use 'oradim' command to delete Oracle service and than remove database files.
Currently, to delete a databse on Solaris, we simply uninstall the entire Oracle installation, which in its turn is a little messy. Plus the next time we need to create a databse, we have to start completely brand new install.
I'd like to keep Oracle software intact. I used UI based 'dbassist' tool, but unfortunately it's UI.

Is it possible to run it from command line, like we can do it with Oracle silent install?

Thank you in advance!
Peter.