Re: Strange Error in Database Links

From: TurkBear <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 12:27:58 -0600

Check the sqlnet.ora files on the server from which you are issuing the query ( and on the target server as well)  and be sure that the authentication parameter is not what is causing the problem..This is an authentication service error:

ORA-12631 ORA-12631Username retrieval failed

Cause:The authentication service failed to retrieve the name of a user.

Action:Enable tracing to determine which routine is failing.

hth

   http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =----- Received on Tue Nov 05 2002 - 12:27:58 CST