Strange Error in Database Links

From: Marco Costa <mcosta_at_criticalsoftware.com>
Date: 5 Nov 2002 07:31:44 -0800

Hi,
I have two Oracle 9i intallations in two Win2000 machines. In both I have a database named "dbname". I defined a net service for the remote database - servremote.

This connection is working fine and I can access the remote database with the SQLPlus with the following information:

   user: sh
   pass: mypass
   service: servremote

The Global_Name parameter is set to FALSE;

I then log in to the local database and to create the Database link I do the following:
CREATE DATABASE LINK mydblink
CONNECT TO sh IDENTIFIED BY mypass
USING "servremote";

When selecting from the remote database I get the following error:
?> select * from sales_at_mydblink;

ORA-12631: Username retrieval failed

I really appreciate any help.
Marco Costa Received on Tue Nov 05 2002 - 09:31:44 CST