Update: listener out of resources

From: David Nixon <djn_at_csc.liv.ac.uk>
Date: 5 Nov 2002 12:56:56 GMT

 Thanks to those who made suggestions about investigating a listener problem with my 8.1.7.4.0 database under HP-UX.

 To reiterate, I was seeing ORA-03113: end of file on communication channel whenever the number of connections reached ~140.

 I examined trace file data, but couldn't spot anything there that looked different from a normal connection. After reviewing my kernel config; derived from an HP supplied "database" kernel template with specifics from the Oracle HP-UX installation guide folded in, I decided to leave be.

 Since restarting the database the problem has not re-occured, even with 200+ connections. This may result from one or other of these changes:

  1. upped number of processes in the Init.ora file from 150 -> 500
  2. shutdown another Oracle instance that shares the same machine and was not currently in use (this machine has 1GB of RAM and only runs Oracle).

DavidN - University of Liverpool, Computer Science Received on Tue Nov 05 2002 - 06:56:56 CST