Re: Update: listener out of resources

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 16:43:32 GMT

David Nixon wrote:

> Thanks to those who made suggestions about investigating a
> listener problem with my 8.1.7.4.0 database under HP-UX.
>
> To reiterate, I was seeing ORA-03113: end of file on communication channel
> whenever the number of connections reached ~140.
>
> I examined trace file data, but couldn't spot anything
> there that looked different from a normal connection. After reviewing
> my kernel config; derived from an HP supplied "database" kernel
> template with specifics from the Oracle HP-UX installation
> guide folded in, I decided to leave be.
>
> Since restarting the database the problem has not re-occured, even
> with 200+ connections. This may result from one or other of these
> changes:
>
> 1) upped number of processes in the Init.ora file from 150 -> 500
> 2) shutdown another Oracle instance that shares the same machine and
> was not currently in use (this machine has 1GB of RAM and only
> runs Oracle).
>
> DavidN - University of Liverpool, Computer Science

ORA-03113 is almost always Oracle's way of telling you that you didn't RT_M when you installed. Not always but most of the time. Go into SAM and verify that the kernel parameters are as recommended by Oracle in the pre-installation section of the documentation on the CD.

Daniel Morgan Received on Tue Nov 05 2002 - 10:43:32 CST