Re: Incorrect Oracle Sysdate

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 18:42:22 +0100

On 4 Nov 2002 07:50:58 -0800, tvf1413_at_yahoo.com (tvf) wrote:

>We are running an old CRM app (Scopus) and are in the process of
>evaluating a replacement. I recently copied the backend Oracle 7.3.4
>database from Solaris 2.6 to new hardware running Solaris 8. I've
>since noticed that the Oracle sysdate command now returns GMT and this
>is screwing up the timestamps that the app is using. I cannot change
>the code in the app to stop it from using sysdate. Is there a way I
>can update the Oracle sysdate so that it reflects the OS date/time? Is
>setting the init.ora parameter fixed_date the only way to do this?
>
># uname -a
>SunOS xxx.xxx.com 5.8 Generic_108528-07 sun4u sparc
>SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise
># date
>Mon Nov 4 09:45:10 CST 2002

Apparently the 2 servers are not using identical timezone, as indicated by the TZ environement variable. This is not an Oracle issue, it is an O/S issue. Oracle just follows any O/S setting.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon Nov 04 2002 - 11:42:22 CST