Re: Incorrect Oracle Sysdate

From: tvf <tvf1413_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 4 Nov 2002 21:27:39 -0800

>Apparently the 2 servers are not using identical timezone, as
>indicated by the TZ environement variable. This is not an Oracle
>issue, it is an O/S issue. Oracle just follows any O/S setting.

Thanks for all the feedback. I never did find out why the database thought it was in GMT, but after I bounced it (it was prod., had to wait till 11:00pm), it now reflects the OS time. I don't think it had to do with NLS formatting, I did not change any NLS parameters. The only place something could have gone awry is with the way I did the database copy. I backed up the controlfile to trace, copied the db files over, recreated the controlfiles and reused the db files. Somewhere along the line the db decided to revert to GMT. The original db files came from a m/c on CDT, my TZ setting was always US/Central, lsnrctl told me the correct time and of course, the unix date showed the right time... weird!

tvf

PS.
>As you are working with paleolithic software
Ouch! Received on Mon Nov 04 2002 - 23:27:39 CST