Re: "X commits per minute": is there an absolute threshold ?

From: vob <vbuehringer_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 16:17:54 +0100

the redo logs groups of every member need to be one disk only for this purpose

oracle groups commits together so the number of commits is only limited by the
transfer volume of the log disk, commit syncs in pl/sql can also be "saved" in some cases
( modern disks can write 30mb per second so this is your limit )

also the most import things in application design is to reduce number of commits
commit only on logical transaction boundaries and do not commit because you think it is "faster", technical commits are nonsense with oracle !!!

so normaly if people want some numbers how fast oracle is there is something wrong ...

build your application right and it will be more than fast enough . point .

if you have 1000 users you have at max 1000 commits per minute, this is nothing

10000 users will have 10000 commits per minute , so have you more than 10000 users ??

batches have one commit, or your application is crap !