"X commits per minute": is there an absolute threshold ?

From: Sebby <sebastien.rigaud_at_b-rail.be>
Date: 31 Oct 2002 00:19:11 -0800

Hi,
I'd just like to know if you can say that from a certain level, you have too many commits per minute (could it be 600/mn, or 5000, or 10000/mn ?), with no regard as to the values of yours parameters etc. whatsoever.

And if no, what does this number depend on (size of rollbacks, init.ora parameters etc.) ? I mean if you want to ensure that from now on your DB will address 5000 commits/mn when you previously had only 200, what should you modify ?

Thanks...
Regards,
Seb Received on Thu Oct 31 2002 - 02:19:11 CST