Oracle slow after adding datafile

From: Jake S <nospam_at_nospam.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 12:53:48 GMT

Hi,
There is a production database server (SunOS) with Oracle 8.1.7. installed. There was only a 500M datafile that was filled during testing phase. I added another datafile, this time 5000M. Right after that, I was told that it's not enough and I added a third one, this time 30 000M.

All data was deleted and another testing was started. This time they tell me that Oracle is exceptionally slow. They noticed it right away but all I did was that I added two datafiles with alter tablespace. Any ideas why this might have happened or how to fix it?