Re: 90GB table on Windows 2000

From: Pablo Sanchez <pablo_at_dev.null>
Date: 30 Oct 2002 16:28:57 -0600

"Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk> wrote in news:appmaq$h7q$1 $8302bc10_at_news.demon.co.uk:

> But I won't hold you to the GBP 100 -

In one of my situations, I was under a tremendous performance shadow. Regardless of what tuning we did with the I/O subsystem, the RDBMS and some minor tunes to the app, it wouldn't go. Final diag: seems that the RDBMS needs some IPA'ing (*) among some other h/w vendor trickery.

(*) IPA - interprocedural analysis - 15% perf gain.

I'm not a compiler bit-head by any stretch ... but I do understand the general principles of what needed (and needs) to happen.

btw, maybe he could buy you a beer? <g>

--
Pablo Sanchez, High-Performance Database Engineering
http://www.hpdbe.com