Oracle 9i on Debian Gnu/Linux

From: Scetbon Cyril <cyril.scetbon_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 22:14:58 +0100

Hi,

I have installed (as you could guess) Oracle 9i on a Debian Gnu/Linux system. Cause I've not enough space on my hard disks i've installed it on a NFS partition. Don't scream !!! It's just for a test database :-) I don't know why, but one week ago it was working and now I'm not able to create a new database.

ORACLE_HOME=/NFS/app/oracle/product/9.0.2
ORACLE_BASE=/NFS/app/oracle
ORACLE_SID=DB902

I enter the following cmds:
sqlplus /nolog
connect / as sysdba
startup nomount pfile=/tmp/scripts/initDB902.ora
( => No problem )

@/tmp/scripts/create_db.sql
( =>can't create database cause oracle says this database is already
mounted in another instance !!! and believe me there's no other instance which is running )

in create_db.sql I just do a Create Database PIPO .... Before doing this i've erase $ORACLE_BASE/admin/PIPO/, $ORACLE_BASE/oradata/PIPO/ directories and $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/lkPIPO file

In $ORACLE_HOME/oradata/PIPO/bdump/alert_DB902.log it says Linux can't lock a file, I think it speaks about lkPIPO but this file is created and I've tested a little code to create a file on this NFS partition and to lock it which succeeds.

Thanks for your help :-)

--
Scetbon Cyril
Email: cyril.scetbon_at_wanadoo.fr