Re: Wrapped PLSQL

From: Pablo Sanchez <pablo_at_dev.null>
Date: 30 Oct 2002 14:50:33 -0600

Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in news:3DC043B7.2E2E339E_at_exesolutions.com:

> Pablo Sanchez wrote:
>

>> Your example only shows that not all inventions are in the
>> patent/copyright database.  Not relevant to this discussion.

> I am going to stop responding to this thread now as you seem
> absolutely determined to read into anything written what you want to
> read.

Nope, I'm only reading what's been written by you and ignoring all of your emotional rants and barbs. I have nothing against you. However, if you plan to take stance and I disagree, prepare to defend it with _facts_.

I'll ignore the childish rants and barbs ... but if it makes you feel better to put them in, by all means, it only makes you look bad.

> But with respect to the above it means no such thing. The inventions are
> absolutely in the patent/copyright database. But the names associated
> are not necessarily the names of the inventor. Never have been. Likely
> never will be. The owner of a patent or copyright is often not the
> inventor.

Nope, wrong again. My wife has several patents and they are listed in the database along with her employer's name and her name. So it's possible that some entries may be incomplete, when a company sponsors the patent, it's pretty much theirs. In this case, Microsoft's.

Now having said all that, I'm not a big fan of Microsoft. I endorse open source solutions and implement them whenever I can for my clients. I even sponsor within my company freeware solutions for the community: http://www.hpdbe.com/freeware

Do I use Microsoft products? Yes. If I map on a spectrum my needs, less and less is required of Microsoft. I'm _hoping_ within a year to be moved completely over to a Linux desktop. This assumes that the office-emulators on Linux have matured enough.

As it is, I have tweaked my Microsoft O/S to look like a Unix environment with tools like JS Pager (virtual desktops) and Microsoft's TweakUI -- allows for X-like focus in windows.

--
Pablo Sanchez, High-Performance Database Engineering
http://www.hpdbe.com