Re: partitioning

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 10:26:23 +1000

Hi Daud,

The RBO and myself have a number of things in common, the most obvious being that we are fast approaching our used by date. However another thing we are both rather hopeless at is pruning. I have killed more roses than I would like to admit and the RBO wouldn't know how to perform partition pruning on a partitioned table if it's life depended on it (which I guess it does). The RBO also wouldn't have the foggiest notion on using an effective partition-wise join.

Therefore from a purely performance point of view, the RBO is kinda buggered.

Cheers

Richard