8.1.5 -> 8.1.7 Upgrade Won't Run

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 14:58:57 +0100

John,

By any chance is your server a Pentium 4 ? If so, there is a bug which stops the installer running.

Check out MetaLink to download a new installer which runs on P4s without all the 'fannying around' (technical term) that has to be done if you don't use it.

Simply install the installer, then run that installer in prefernec to the one on the 817 CD, and all is wonderful.

HTH Cheers,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator