Oracle Security Proposition

From: Ben Breen <benjamin_at_breeny.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: 24 Oct 2002 07:47:12 -0700

Suppose I have a table of customers on the server, and I want to ensure the logged in customer will only able to see thier tuples (records) in the table.

The database will be linked to a remote client side program which the customer will be using to interact with the database.

The customers table on the DB has a field with the cust_id in it, which is unique to each customer.

The first problem is, how do I ensure that the customer currently interacting with the database has that particular cust_id (I suggest some kind of look up table).

Then supposing the customer has that particular ID, how do I limit the currently interacting customer to only seeing thier records - could use a view, but everything needs to be checked, and validated at the server (oracle) side.

Any help much appreciated!
Ben Breen Received on Thu Oct 24 2002 - 09:47:12 CDT