Problems Connecting Oracle database XSQL and/or JSP via apache

From: Mark Starmer <markstarmer_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Oct 2002 11:34:59 -0700

Hi,

I don't seem to be able to get a connection into my oracle database through a web browser. I'm it's something really simple, I just can't put my finger on it!

I keep getting the following error messages:

Under JSP

java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Connection refused(DESCRIPTION=(TMP=)(VSNNUM=153092352)(ERR=12505)(ERROR_STACK=(ERROR=(CODE=12505)(EMFI=4))))

Under XSQL

XSQL-007: Cannot acquire a database connection to process page. Io exception: Connection
refused(DESCRIPTION=(TMP=)(VSNNUM=153092352)(ERR=12505)(ERROR_STACK=(ERROR=(CODE=12505)(EMFI=4))))

I am just learning about Oracle and don't have a clue what is going on, I have searched through varoius usenet listings and cant find anything other than being somthing wrong with a listener service, which has been started and I have added another to a different port to chech to see if there were any conflicts, which there weren't... I have setup classpasths for oraclexsql.jar, xmlparser2.jar, classes111.zip and xsqlconfig.xml

Please Help, and many thanks in advance!

Mark Starmer

BSc Computer Science > Faculty of Computing Science & Engineering > De Montfort University > United Kingdom Received on Wed Oct 23 2002 - 13:34:59 CDT