Oracle User License .... Help Me, please !!!

From: Juan Miguel <juanmime_at_teleline.es>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 18:42:36 GMT

Hello,

We are going to develope an application for one of our clients. We are thinking that Oracle could be the DBMS used in this aplication. We are thinking in Oracle Database Standard Edition 9i, but when we read the documentation in Oracle's website, we see that the licence is paid by the number of users("named user plus perpetual") ...

¿ What users ?
It refers to the logical users created in the database ? (for example: CREATE USER muyuser ....)
It refers to the number of client pc's that access to the DB ? It refers to the number of databases created ?

Our application only need a user in a DB, where can be established concurrent connections from several clients (our software creates the politic of loging and operations in the system). ¿ Is this posible with a one user license ? or ¿ how many licences are needed for 40 PCs connected to the DB ?

I came from the Open Source world, and I don´t understant what Oracle or IBM means with user licences.

Please, help me.

Thanks Received on Wed Oct 23 2002 - 13:42:36 CDT