Re: RedoLog file corrupted!!

From: michael ngong <mngong_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Oct 2002 05:56:20 -0700

please my oracle db server (8.1.6) doesn't work because one of redolog member is corrupted... in my alertlog file show that cannot start instance
because don't find redo02.log!

I have another 2 members logfile, someone knows how i can restore the second
redolog ??

If you cannot start up it implies you had a shutdown.Did you backup after the shutdown?If you did and could restore you might not have started this thread.
If you had multiple copies of the logfiles which is normally advised ,one of them would simply have been used if another member was corrupt and you could drop and recreate the corrupt member. Was there an Oracle error #.Are you in archivelogMode or not?

Michael Tubuo Ngong Received on Wed Oct 23 2002 - 07:56:20 CDT