Re: Rollback Segment Won't Drop

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_medimpact.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 20:05:51 GMT

Paul Cowan wrote:
> Any ideas? Is there a way to figure out what is causing the segement
> to think there's a transaction in progress, or see what the
> transaction is? Is there such a thing as a "ghost" transaction?
>
> Thanks
> Paul

Since you bounced the database, it's not something that got "stuck" in memory. This is a wild guess, but is RBS7 a public rollback segment that's still listed in your init.ora? Afraid this isn't much help. I looked in my backup/recovery books to see if they were any help in this particular scenario. Nope. Received on Mon Oct 21 2002 - 15:05:51 CDT