Re: Oracle personal edition?

From: Martin Doherty <martin.doherty_at_oracle.comX>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 13:02:39 -0700

Not how I read it. If you keep actual recipes or your CD collection then you are doing internal data processing, which the license forbids. However, you are free to develop the database design and code for Recipe Tracker 1.0 or CD Manager 1.0, and of course use test data to help in testing and debugging your application.

Keeping your own recipes at home in an Oracle database may be technically violating the agreement but even if it comes to Oracle's attention it doesn't seem cost-effective that Oracle will activate its legal defense mechanism in that particular case. I think it's more aimed at companies that are deriving measurable financial benefit from the use of Oracle apps.
(Disclaimer: this is my personal opinion, I am untrained in legal affairs and I am not representing Oracle Corporation by these statements).

Martin