Re: Automatic db shtudown on Linux

From: Sagi <sag1rk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Oct 2002 06:05:45 -0700

"Mark" <mark_at_somewhere.com> wrote in message news:<3daf37b1_4_at_corp.newsgroups.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I am having a problem getting Oracle to shutdown automatically on my RedHat
> 8.0 installation. I have dbora in /etc/init.d. This script calls dbstart
> and dbshut depending on start or stop usage. If I manually run dbora stop,
> the database shuts down. So, I know that the script works. I created a
> link in /etc/rc0.d, K10dbora, which points to /etc/init.d/dbora. My
> understanding is that this should cause the db to shutdown when the computer
> is shut down. Unfortunately it doesn't work. BTW - the db starts
> automatically(as it should)on boot up. Now, K10 is not unique. Does it
> need to be? I didn't think that it had to be, but I could be wrong. Any
> insight on this would be much appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Mark

> -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

Hi,

I couldn't get exatcly what you ment by saying

"Now, K10 is not unique. Does it need to be? I didn't think that it had to be, but I could be wrong"

If my understanding is correct you mean to say you have two K10XXX links in /etc/rc0.d or

two K10xxx files in /etc/init.d

If this is correct then i think this is the problem. change the link/file name.

Regards,
Sagi Received on Fri Oct 18 2002 - 08:05:45 CDT