Automatic db shtudown on Linux

From: Mark <mark_at_somewhere.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 15:37:51 -0700

Hi,

I am having a problem getting Oracle to shutdown automatically on my RedHat 8.0 installation. I have dbora in /etc/init.d. This script calls dbstart and dbshut depending on start or stop usage. If I manually run dbora stop, the database shuts down. So, I know that the script works. I created a link in /etc/rc0.d, K10dbora, which points to /etc/init.d/dbora. My understanding is that this should cause the db to shutdown when the computer is shut down. Unfortunately it doesn't work. BTW - the db starts automatically(as it should)on boot up. Now, K10 is not unique. Does it need to be? I didn't think that it had to be, but I could be wrong. Any insight on this would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Mark