Re: which way use to assign the rollback segment?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 18:42:55 +1000

"grjohnson" <Johnsog123_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:32b8a689.0210152203.79c2e396_at_posting.google.com...
> > "Howard J. Rogers" wrote:
> > >
> > > Nope. The rollback segment with the fewest number of active
transactions.

> > > Regards
> > > HJR

> And if they all have the same number of active trasactions? I thought
> it takes the next one in a round robin algorithm in this case.

In that special case, which is unlikely to hold for more than a micro-second or two at a time (exaggerating slightly!), then I believe that it does indeed round-robin -though I can't be definitive on that score.

All of this is moot for Oracle 9i, of course, since the algorithm there changes.

Regards
HJR Received on Wed Oct 16 2002 - 03:42:55 CDT