Re: which way use to assign the rollback segment?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 18:40:32 +1000

Yes, I am sure.

The order in which the segments are listed in the init.ora is the order in which they are brought online. Not the order in which they are subsequently used.

If what you say was true, how would we handle public rollback segments which don't get listed in the init.ora because they are brought online at startup automatically? No list, no use, presumably??

So, no. It's not a round-robin algorithm, but a 'fewest transactions' one.

And yes, set transaction use rollback segment blah over-rides that default behaviour.

Regards