How to figure out how many IOs a SQL costs ?

From: Bass Chorng <bchorng_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 15 Oct 2002 15:24:17 -0700

I don't see that Oracle has # of IOs as a statistic, but this seems to be a common question. If I am right, disk in tkprof or disk_reads in v$sql all refer to # of blocks. I have yet to find a direct way to tell # of IOs incurred.

The closet I can think of is, suppose you can control the environment, the difference of SUM(PHYRDS+PHYWRTS) in v$filestat before and after a SQL run, plus the value of "redo writes" in v$sesstat.

Does this do the job, or I am missing something else ?

Thanks for your input in advance. Received on Tue Oct 15 2002 - 17:24:17 CDT