Re: oracle 817.01 installation pb on debian woody : Net8 conf assistant FREEZES. CPU Hogs.

From: japablo <member_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 11:09:17 +0000

Hi,

I have installed Oracle 8.1.7 on Red Hat 7.*, if i can help u with that pls let me know...
Im trying now to install 9i (9.2.0) on a debian (Woody) kernell 2.4.18... im not sure about parameters to assing to oracle user (.bash_profile parameters).
Any documentation u can send me will be apreciated. Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by Dean Beam
> Hello everybody,
>
> I have already successfully installed oracle 816 and 9i on Linux
> Debian
> Woody, on Intel PIV and PIII platforms.
>
> But, after trying to install Oracle 817 (downloaded from technet) for
> the
> first time and having followed all the preinstallation requirements
> and
> tuning, everything installs fine but the OUI freezes (hogging the CPU)
> when
> trying to launch of the Net8 Configuration Assistant.
>
> Anyone has already encountered a similar problem?
>
> I think that it is not forcibly related to the platform but to the
> Java of
> the OUI.
>
> Could I kill the OUI and insert the listener files manually?
>
> I would appreciate some light... ;o)

*/*Dean Beam*/*