Re: oracle 817.01 installation pb on debian woody : Net8 conf assistant FREEZES. CPU Hogs.

From: FS <fs-news_at_lovelinux.org>
Date: 03 Oct 2002 21:35:21 +0200

dean beam <mullor_at__at_belgacom.net> writes:

> I have already successfully installed oracle 816 and 9i on Linux Debian
> Woody, on Intel PIV and PIII platforms.

On google you will find a problem with intel P4. www.google.fr/search?hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=intel+pentium+4+oracle+install&meta=

I did not follow the procedure since i am using AMD cpu. Don't know if it's right.

> But, after trying to install Oracle 817 (downloaded from technet) for the
> first time and having followed all the preinstallation requirements and
> tuning, everything installs fine but the OUI freezes (hogging the CPU) when
> trying to launch of the Net8 Configuration Assistant.

I had the same problem. I remove all oracle files and unset the ORACLE_SID before ./runInstaller. Net8 configuration assistant worked. Don't ask me why: i don't know.

Now, for me, it's dbassist that does not want to start (yes, i applied the glibc-stub). No stderr, no logs, no stacktrace, no sources, nothing. But it will be another post maybe.

Good luck Received on Thu Oct 03 2002 - 14:35:21 CDT